Thông tin tuyển dụng nhanh
Kinh nghiệm: Chưa có kinh nghiệm
Yêu cầu bằng cấp: Không yêu cầu
Số lượng cần tuyển: 0
Hình thức làm việc:
Toàn thời gian cố định
Chức vụ: Trưởng Nhóm
Yêu cầu giới tính:
Không yêu cầu
Mô tả công việc
The Project Management Unit is seeking a Health Information System (HIS) Technical Officer to provide support for the cooperative agreement between the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Ministry of Health of Viet Nam for implementation of the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA).
The job descriptions and requirements of the position are posted in details at the website of the General Department of Preventive Medicine, Ministry of Health: www.vncdc.gov.vn
The General Department of Preventive Medicine (GDPM), Ministry of Health seeks to recruit a Health Information System (HIS) Technical Officer to manage and implement health information system activities for the cooperative agreement (CoAg) between the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (USCDC) and the Ministry of Health for implementation of the Global Health Security Agenda.
Name of the CoAg: Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health Impact, Systems, Capacity and Security
Brief description of GDPM - CDC Cooperative Agreement
The Project “Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health Impact, Systems, Capacity and Security” is a cooperative agreement between the General Department of Preventive Medicine of the Ministry of Health and the United State Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, hereafter referred to as the CoAg. The main goal of the CoAg is to strengthen the public health capacity of Vietnam by implementing the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) according to the International Health Regulations framework.
*Objective: The CoAg focuses on following major objectives:
1) Strengthen and establish surveillance systems to early detect diseases and outbreaks, especially infectious emerging diseases, for timely remedial measures;
2) Enhance the ability of rapid response and handling of the outbreak in order to avoid wide spread; and
3) Actively prevent and reduce the risk of disease outbreaks. Specific activities will be developed and implemented to meet these main objectives, at the same time to operate and manage the project following guidance and regulations of the Vietnamese and US governments.
*Project duration: The project will be implemented in 5 years (9/2014 - 9/2019) with technical support and 100% non-refundable financial aid from the USCDC.
Project location: Ha Noi. Frequent travels to project sites for monitoring and technical assistance will be required.
GDPM seeks a Health Information System (HIS) Technical Officer in Vietnam to implement in the Health Information Systems Strengthening Component of the GDPM-CDC CoAg. Together with the HIS team at GDPM, the HIS Technical Officer will provide technical expertise on implementing and maintaining the national data warehouse at the GDPM, supporting visualization platforms as well as the reporting and visualization of other disease surveillance systems as needed. The HIS Technical Officer will provide technical expertise to develop the strategy on and work with external partners, including the regional institutes (RI) and non-governmental organizations, to implement the data warehouse for national and regional Emergency Operation Centers (EOCs). This will include helping define business and information requirements, assessing existing data sources, resolving high-level business and information issues, building capacity at the Ministry of Health to develop data warehouse solutions, providing continuity in all major data warehousing solution decisions, and determining how information technology can be applied to meet the GHSA target of real-time surveillance and reporting.
Currently, the DHIS2 software is widely used to help governments and health organizations manage their operations more effectively, monitor processes, and improve communication. The system can be used for data management and analysis, monitoring and evaluation, registration and mapping, and management and tracking. DHIS2 can capture data on any type of device and provides a wide range of solutions based on HTML5, SMS, and Java. The national data warehouse for surveillance data at GDPM has been also developed on DHIS2 platform.
Areas of technical work include:
• Providing day-to-day management of information systems (both hardware and software) at GDPM; Working directly with the HIS teams at GDPM, USCDC and RI on server configuration, maintenance, and support.
• Providing technical guidance and inputs to all IT/Information System (IS) related activities, including the development/upgrade of software for disease reporting and data sharing.
• Develop the standard operation procedures (SOPs) for the use of information systems (both hardware and software) at GDPM.
• Assisting with the ongoing development and maintenance of the data warehouse for the EOC network as needed.
• Supporting information and data source gathering and integration into the data warehouse maintained in DHIS2, as well as the overall DHIS2 hardware and infrastructure set up for effective data use and access.
• Working with technical point of contacts (POCs) at GDPM, RI and USCDC in Vietnam to harmonize and integrate event-based and indicator-based surveillance systems that include sub-system, laboratory, aggregated data, media, and commune-level information into the national data warehouse.
• Participating in IT/IS related training.
• Providing training on using information systems for GDPM and RIs staffs
• Assisting GDPM and regional institutes’ leadership with the full development of a national and regional data warehouse and visualization implementation hardware/infrastructure.
• Assisting in identifying strategies to popularize the use and utility of the data warehouse and visualization platform.
• Directly reporting to the HIS POC at GDPM and the Project Director
• Other tasks as required by the Project Director. While it is recognized that during times of need, personnel will be called upon for involvement in a wide variety of activities, it is expected that the HIS Technical Officer will spend at least 80% of his/her time performing activities directly supported by the GDPM-CDC CoAg and related to strengthening health information systems at the GDPM.
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- Following the USCDC cost-norms
Yêu cầu công việc
• Education: Degree in health informatics or public health or information technology with experience in health information system. Advanced degree preferred.
• Qualifications/Certificates in any of the following: Network administration, HTML, Java or Java Script, SQL, other computer programming language, will be an advantage.
• Work experience: At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in health information systems and previous professional experience related to any of the following areas:
- District Health Information System (DHIS2)
- Electronic data management systems.
- Software development, implementation and validation.
- Performing data collection, management, and analysis.
- Electronic Communicable Disease Surveillance (eCDS) system.
- National Immunization Information System
- Learning Management System (eLearning).
• Demonstrated or proven experience any in the following areas will be an asset:
- Designing, implementing and/or supporting health information systems; monitoring & evaluation design, systems set up, indicator creation and reporting
- Data visualization using different platforms such as DHIS2, Tableau, etc.
- Ability to manage data collection and management of datasets, with understanding of basic concepts in analysing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data.
- Familiar with statistical software (SPSS, Stata, etc.)
• Essential skills:
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated report writing and presentation skills
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
• Language: Good command of English, including the ability to read, write, listen, and speak (examination required if chosen for interview).
• Nationality: Vietnamese.
*Salary and other benefits: following the USCDC cost-norms
*Guidance for Application:
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following, in either English or Vietnamese or both, otherwise the application will not be considered.
a) A cover letter with 3 professional references with contact details. The cover letter should justify candidate capacity against selection criteria.
b) Curriculum vitae
c) Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned, etc.) that addresses the qualification and experience requirements of the position as listed above.
*SUBMIT APPLICATIONS (ALL OF THE ABOVE) TO:
Hard copy to:
Division of Communicable Disease Control (Room # 603), General Department of Preventive Medicine; 135/1 Lane, Nui Truc Street, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi.
*Closing date for the position: 24/12/2018. All applications must be received before the closing date to receive consideration.
*Note: Applications will not be returned for non-selected candidates
Yêu cầu hồ sơ
- Sơ yêu lý lịch
- Đơn xin việc
- Các giấy tờ liên quan
Thông tin liên hệ
chỉ:Room 603, 135/1 Lane, Nui Truc Street, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi.
Hạn nộp hồ sơ:29/12/2018