Thông tin tuyển dụng nhanh
Kinh nghiệm: Chưa có kinh nghiệm
Yêu cầu bằng cấp: Không yêu cầu
Số lượng cần tuyển: 0
Hình thức làm việc: Toàn thời gian cố định
Chức vụ: Thực tập sinh
Yêu cầu giới tính: Không yêu cầu
Mô tả công việc
Place of Work: Finance
Objective: To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Finance Division and Information Systems Department of a 100 bedroom Resort Hotel.
Responsible to: General Manager
Responsible for: All Other Finance and Information Systems Employees
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- Paid annual leave
Yêu cầu công việc
CHIEF ACCOUNTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and maintain a detailed Department Operations Manual that accurately reflects policies & procedures, work processes and standards of performance within the Division. Ensure an annual review to accurately reflect any changes.
• Take responsibility for the smooth function of the Division’s administration and the timely maintenance of an efficient filing system which provides complete and supported records of Purchases and Contracts.
• Maintains all ledgers and journals and other accounting records of the hotel, set down in the Hotel Accounting & Systems Control Manual and related publications.
• Compiles in conjunction with the General Manager and Department Heads all budget and forecasts relating to all activities of the hotel and the maintenance of all budget control procedures.
• Responsible for ensuring that all Corporate, Regional, hotel and governmental reports are compiled accurately and submitted in a timely manner.
• Ensures that the Department’s activities are aligned with the Corporate Finance Strategy, and that the Hotel Actions have been implemented where appropriate.
• Conducts regular Departmental Communication Meetings.
• Supports the hotel’s focus on service excellence by training and assisting others to train people
to provide exceptional service to the hotel’s external customers (guests).
• Ensures that Finance and IS personnel provide the appropriate level of professional, courteous and caring service to other employees (internal customers) and other visitors to the division.
• Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to ensure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
• Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
• Implements suitable accounting and control procedures to ensure full compliance with local government regulations, terms and conditions of the Management Agreement, Audit requirements and Hotel standards of appropriate financial management and reporting.
• Secures the timely approval of controls, systems and reporting standards from the area/corporate offices.
• Prepares, supervises, scrutinizes and approves monthly journal entries, balance sheet management and correct compilation of the income statement.
• Prepares and interprets the financial statements and reports for the hotel, interpreting and disseminating information as appropriate to the General Manager and Executive Committee.
• Ensures the appropriate and timely dissemination Financial reports as has been approved and agreed by Hotel to official Owning Company Representatives.
• Accurately compiles and submits the monthly reporting package on a timely basis.
• Ensures the appropriate audit and control of accounts, records and transactions of the hotel, ensuring that ongoing efforts are made to streamline and continually improve internal control procedures.
• Reviews, scrutinizes and disseminates information as appropriate concerning the hotel’s
monthly bank reconciliation statements.
• Scrutinizes the monthly financial reports, to investigate unusual variations and prepare sufficient background and appropriate comments explaining these which to be attached to the report.
• Verifies and ensures that prepaid expenses and deferred charges are maintained up-to-date and that these are in agreement with the books.
• Administers/controls cash management which includes investing in time deposits in banks approved by area office and the Owning Company, as well as obtaining other banking facilities whenever necessary.
• Ensures that all procedures and practices are within the spirit and terms of the Management Agreement.
• Ensures that written approvals are obtained and maintained as appropriate, from official Owning Company Representatives in accordance to the Management Agreement and Hotel policy.
• Understands the hotel’s tax obligations, using the assistance of locally appointed auditors
and/or tax experts to ensure the hotel is operating fully within the law.
• Assists the General Manager, Executives Department Heads in the compilation of forecasts covering all activities of the hotel.
• Assists the General Manager in the preparation of Capital Expenditure Authorization Request.
• Ensures that the Departments operational budget is strictly adhered to, that all costs are controlled, and expenditures are properly approved.
• Implements local accounting procedures ensuring compliance with the local government regulations, after approval from the area/corporate offices.
• Maximises employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
• Directs employees to ensure productivity meets standards given in accordance with Hotel Standards and Criteria and the Hotel Finance Operations Manual.
• Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment
• Reviews and approves all invoices and Purchase Requests involving hotel equipment and supplies etc.
• Ensures new technology & equipment are embraced, and are focused on improving productivity
• Ensures that each section of the Finance Department is managed efficiently, effectively and is maximizing the proper utilization of approved software and technology.
• Ensures that the physical inventories of all supplies and operating equipment are being managed and inventories are taken on a monthly and a quarterly basis respectively.
• Implements all necessary controls to safeguard the assets of the hotel and maintain detailed records for the fixed assets, operating equipment, supplies and inventories.
• Reviews and scrutinizes reports compiled by the Cost Auditor and liaise closely with the Purchasing Manager to ensure that proper purchasing, receiving and issuing procedures are in place to ensure the proper and adequate control of inventories.
• Is fully familiar with all terms and conditions contained within the Management Agreement and ensures that these are strictly adhered to. In any situation where a variation is sanctioned, written approvals and agreement must be maintained from official Owning Company and Hotel Representatives.
• Monitors the requirements as set out in the Management Agreement Checklist.
• Keesp and safeguard all Contracts, Leases, Insurance Policies and all legal and financial documents.
• Obtains and maintains up to date the requisite Licenses and Permits for Foreign Exchange Dealing, Imports, Liquor, Tobacco, Entertainment and so forth, from the appropriate regulatory authorities.
• Administers Hotel and local insurance matters in conjunction with Hotel’s and locally appointed insurance agents.
• Liaises with hotel appointed Legal Consultants for all legal matters.
• Administers and takes responsibility for the Information Systems Department, ensuring that all hotel computer systems, software packages and information technology are appropriate for the needs of the operation, are fully trained and are correctly utilised, safeguarded, and properly maintained.
• Ensures that all required licenses are secured and are managed up to date.
• Administers the necessary Credit and Collection procedures which are to be established in conjunction with the General Manager with the concurrence of the area / corporate offices.
• Liaises with both Internal and External Auditors in compliance with the hotel requirements.
• Assist the General Manager in the compilation of an adequate and detailed series of written Policies and Procedures which are to be compiled and included in the hotel’s in-house policy manuals.
• Signs Bank Checks jointly with the General Manager of those banks designated by the area office and approved by the Owning Company Signs all Contracts (other than Sales Contracts with a duration of less than one year) jointly with the General Manager ensuring that all terms are in compliance with local law, the Management Agreement, Hotel policies and sound commercial judgment.
• Approves all Disbursements Vouchers and Expenses Claims after ascertaining that all the necessary documents have been verified, attached, correctly processed and certified for the receipt of merchandises or services in terms of quality, quantity and prices.
• Approves all purchases in view of availability of funds, necessity and the budget.
• Receives daily, receipts of Bank Deposits and verifies these against the General Cashier Summary of Receipts.
• Ascertains that the daily receipts are deposited on the next succeeding day.
• Watches daily the adequacy of bank balances and report in writing as to any anticipated cash deficiency to the General Manager, with a copy to the area office.
• Examines and approves daily manual and computer records.
• Ensures all Travel Agents’ commissions are paid promptly.
• Spots check the prescribed foreign exchange transactions procedures are correctly adhered to examine daily costing reports.
• Examines and approves all payroll hiring, status changes and terminations.
• Ascertains that all taxes, contributions, licenses, interest and management fees are paid when due.
• Arranges monthly section meetings for operation review.
• Ensures that all keys control and issuance procedures are correctly applied and adhered to.
• Recommends to the area office improvements in accounting and internal control.
• Arranges monthly section meetings for operation review.
• Recruits, selects and develops Finance Department employees to work accurately and diligently, following operational, financial, and administrative philosophies.
• Through hands on management, supervises closely all FINANCE employees in the performance of their duties in accordance with policies & procedures and applicable laws.
• Delegates appropriately, duties and responsibilities to equipped and resourced employees, nurturing and developing them whilst ensuring standards of operation and safety are maintained.
• Instils the Training philosophies of the company and works closely with the developing Departmental Trainers, ensuring that all Managers and Supervisors take an active role in the training and development of employees.
• Develops and assists with training activities focused on improving skills and knowledge.
• Ensures employees have a complete understanding of rules and regulations, and that behaviour
• Effectively communicates guiding principles and core values to all levels of employees.
• Oversees the punctuality and appearance of all Finance employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene,
according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
• Maximises the effectiveness of Heads of Department by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
• Conducts annual Performance Development Discussions with Heads of Department and supports them in their professional development goals. Ensures that they in turn conduct annual Performance Development Discussions with their employees.
• Ensures that each Head of Department plans and implements effective training programmes for their employees in coordination with the Departmental Trainers.
• Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
• Supports the implementation of The People Philosophy, demonstrating and reinforcing Hotel Values and Culture Characteristics.
• Ensures that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
• Feedbacks the results of the Employee Opinion Survey and to ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
• Represents FINANCE on the hotel Executive Committee, ensuring the efficient & economic operation of the FINANCE Division providing services and support to other Divisions as required.
• Attends and contributes to all Meetings as required.
• Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in taxes, employee and industrial relations.
• Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
• Exercises responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team.
• Maintains strong, professional relationships with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels and other organisations, especially travel agencies, local business groups and airlines.
• Responds to changes in the Finance function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel. Reads the hotels Employee Handbook and has an understanding of and adhere to the hotels rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
• Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Other Duties – PRE Opening
• Actively participates in implementing and setting up a system for accounting and interacting departments.
• Finalizes SOPs for respective department.
• Finalizes Job descriptions for respective department.
• Actively participate in supporting the operational departments setting up the financial side of the operation.
Yêu cầu hồ sơ
- Sơ yêu lý lịch
- Đơn xin việc
- Các giấy tờ liên quan
Thông tin liên hệ
Người liên hệ:
Địa chỉ:Chưa cập nhật
Hạn nộp hồ sơ:06/05/2019